[jboss-as7-dev] AS 7.1.0 - jboss-admin : cls/clear command not working

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 08:53:25 EDT 2011

No, it is expected to work. It does work on linux and remember verifying
it on vista. CLI uses jline to manage the terminal. This is what its
clearScreen impl looks like

     /**
      * Clear the screen by issuing the ANSI "clear screen" code.
      */
     public boolean clearScreen() throws IOException {
         if (!terminal.isANSISupported()) {
             return false;
         }

         // send the ANSI code to clear the screen
         printString(((char) 27) + "[2J");
         flushConsole();

         // then send the ANSI code to go to position 1,1
         printString(((char) 27) + "[1;1H");
         flushConsole();

         redrawLine();

         return true;
     }

Maybe the terminal doesn't support ANSI?