[jboss-as7-dev] Multiple HQ servers on the same AS instance

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 10:23:04 EDT 2011

Just an FYI for those interested in the HornetQ integration into the AS.
I recalled this morning a call I was on a couple years back where an HA
architecture was discussed based on two or more AS's w/ 2 HQ servers on
each, one on each AS acting as backup to one on another. From chatting
with Clebert today, it seems that architecture was implemented.

This has implications for the HQ integration in AS 7.1. Two support this
kind of architecture, we'd need to:

1) Add a high level element in the jboss-as-messaging.xsd schema that
encapsulates all the existing element and represents an HQ server.

2) Add a level to the messaging subsystem management resource tree for same.

3) Rework any HQ-related MSC service names to account for the
possibility of multiple HQ servers.

4) Figure out an other issues this introduces as far as integrating with
other services that depend on the messaging services.