[jboss-as7-dev] Alternative server configurations

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 07:36:18 EST 2012

All,

I'm not sure if this is widely known, but there are a set of alternative
server configurations in
./build/src/main/resources/docs/examples/configs/. Some or all of these
need to be kept in sync with the config they where originally derived
from. In particular standalone-xts.xml was derived from
standalone-full.xml and needs updating whenever standalone-full.xml is
changed.

The reason why I'm sending this email is because XTS has been broken
many times due to required changes being made to standalone-full.xml,
but not to standalone-xts.xml.

It's likely that this problem is also happening to the other
configurations in ./build/src/main/resources/docs/examples/configs/.
However, I have not checked and I don't know which config they where
derived from, so it's hard to know under what circumstances they should
be updated.

So this is just a polite reminder, please remember to update
standalone-xts.xml when you update standalone-full.xml.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Robinson
Web service transactions lead
paul.robinson at redhat.com

JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Brendan Lane (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)