[jboss-as7-dev] Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 15:12:28 EST 2012

-DallTests tests-compile is what i do. This has a benefit in that you
arent waiting for classes to compile that you arent going to use. IMO
it's probably better to just create a user specific build-all alias than
to look into hacking maven to make it work.

On 1/9/12 1:21 PM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:
> Well that's because how it works:
>
> -DallTests activates the submodules. Without that, they are not run, as
> you can see in the final Maven's report.
>
> Technically, it could be done so that it would skip the tests, but it
> would complicate things a bit.
> It that necessary or can you live with -DallTests?
>
> You might also consider using -DallTests -DskipTests.
>
> Ondra
>

> Jaikiran Pai píše v Ne 08. 01. 2012 v 20:52 +0530:
>> Just noticed that the classes in the testsuite module (for example:
>> testsuite/integration/basic) are not compiled by default unless you use
>> the -DallTests switch. I thought we had decided that all classes
>> including test classes will be compiled by default (but not all tests
>> will be run). Is this intentional to leave out compilation of these
>> classes? I had a API change (since last week) and only today after
>> finishing off majority of the work I decided to run a full testsuite and
>> realized that there are some API compatibility compilation issues in the
>> testsuite.
>>

>> -Jaikiran

Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect