[jboss-as7-dev] Question about recently resolved branding issue

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:46:19 EST 2012

On 1/11/12 10:29 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> On 1/11/12 10:12 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> I cannot speak for 1), because it covers too many areas which I have not been involved with.
>>
>> okey … I hope someone else can then :)
>>

> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/commit/e4a6c58306e27be51734776c9634f392b9c97b60#diff-21
>
> ^^^ is to the commit that implements this, showing the class that's at
> the heart of it. The class is pretty self-explanatory. The "consoleSlot"
> is used to determine what "slot" (implemented as a directory under
> modules/org/jboss/as/console) holds the console implementation to use.
>
> (I won't explain further since my knowledge of the details of this is
> entirely derived from reading the above class.)
>
>>> But 2) can probably be retrieved through the HTTP API:
>>>

>>> :read-attribute(name=<product-name|product-version>)
>>
>> That is too late since we need to identify this on disk, before the server is started
>>

> Can tools implement the same algorithm?

This is what it would need to do:

1. Look for bin/product.conf
2. If found read it, format is slot=XXX (eap, soa-p, etc)
3. Look for a MANIFEST.MF file in one of the nested directories of
modules/org/jboss/as/product/XXX [module.xml specifies it, but there
will only be one]
4. Parse the values

--
Jason T. Greene