[jboss-as7-dev] JSR88 undeployment

Wolfgang Knauf wolfgang.knauf at gmx.de
Thu Jan 12 15:27:52 EST 2012

Hi to all,

maybe this is a dumb user question, maybe this is a bug report. As I am
not sure, I hope someone with more knowledge can comment on this.

I am experimenting with JSR88 deployment in AS7 (which now has the great
benefit that the deployed app is still alive after a server reboot now ;-) )

My code is based on a JBoss test:
https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/testsuite/integration/smoke/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/smoke/jsr88/EnterpriseDeploymentTestCase.java

JBoss version is 7.0.1CR1.

My JSR88 deployer code worked fine for JBoss 4.2 to 6, and with some
minor changes (mostly imports) I could port it to AS7. But with AS7
undeploy does not seem to work.

Attached is the output of the JBoss client side at TRACE level.

Everything seems fine, but on the server side, I don't see "app xyz was
undeployed" console output, and "standalone.xml" still contains the
deployed app.

     <deployments>
         <deployment
name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear"
runtime-name="file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Knuffi/LOCALS~1/Temp/Stateless.ear">
             <content sha1="260d86890eb6b1716facde0e7e48819fe3c98f83"/>
         </deployment>
     </deployments>

The only server output is a "remote connection was closed by remote
side" warning message, which also happens on JSR88 deploy.

I can provide you with a full working sample of my small app if
necessary, but this would need a bit of refactoring :-(

Best regards

Wolfgang