[jboss-as7-dev] add operation in CLI GUI

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 22:32:11 EST 2012

On 1/12/12 8:44 PM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
> On 1/12/2012 7:15 PM, Kabir Khan wrote:

>>> I just tried that and it did indeed get weird.  You end up with nodes
>>> that don't have any correspondence to the address path.  So you have to
>>> code around it all over the place.  It also made any sort of refresh
>>> impossible to implement without significant hacks.  I do need to improve
>>> refresh at some point and I don't want to make that any harder than it
>>> already is.
>>>
>>> Try my three latest commits found here and let me know what you think:
>>> https://github.com/ssilvert/jboss-as/commits/cli-gui-fixadd
>>>
>>> Alexey, once you see it, let me know if you still think that "?" makes
>>> more sense than "*".  That's an easy change.
>> It looks better, perhaps instead of * or ? some descriptive string (that will not crash with any names used, so something like ***Root***) could work. Just an idea, not sure if it is a good or bad one...
> I'm thinking of using a different icon to set it apart.

One other idea to throw out there. Instead of trying to represent this
in the model you could just have a button somewhere that is context
sensitive, perhaps a tool bar like thing [+]. When you click [+] a
dialog pops up with the FQN in the top, which defaults to the currently
selected position in the tree, another non-modifiable box with the
description, and then a modifiable box that the user types in DMR form.
If you change the FQN the description would then be refreshed to
indicate what the new format is.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect