[jboss-as7-dev] Problem met on as7 clustering with mod_cluster

Radoslav Husar rhusar at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 14:58:19 EST 2012

On 01/19/2012 07:31 PM, Weinan Li wrote:
> Now there's another question: How can I configure mod_cluster to use
> round-robin to distribute requests?

Weinan,

mod_cluster has been built around the idea of load-balancing
intelligently by communicating load from the server to the
load-balancer. Round-robin is far from intelligent :-) and there is no
such option.

Look at what options you have for configuring load metrics in AS7
http://docs.jboss.org/mod_cluster/1.1.0/html_single/#LoadMetric (so
"requests" might be the best one to actually see it load-balance).

You might also want to try killing the server to see it fail-over to the
other instance.

HTH,
Rado

> I've tried to access cluster with different computers/browsers, but it
> seems all the requests are direct to master. Can I configure this in
> domain.xml?
>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Jean-Frederic
>
> Cheers,