[jboss-as7-dev] Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 14:50:54 EST 2012

Attaching related IRC discussion for tracking:

<opalka> bstansberry, gotta few minutes to discuss now ?
<opalka> bstansberry, https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
<opalka> bstansberry, U asked about the non backward compatible change there
<bstansberry> opalka: right
<opalka> bstansberry, The fact is DMR model related to <endpoint-config>
element (that is in WS subsystem)
<opalka> bstansberry, was completely unfunctional in 7.1.0.CR1 :(
<opalka> bstansberry, the changes I'm introducing these days in our DMR
model
<opalka> bstansberry, should fix our DMR model to be functional and usable
<opalka> bstansberry, all the changes I introduced these days are not
backward compatible
<opalka> bstansberry, but considering the fact it didn't work in CR1 I'm
not afraid anyone (e.g. Heiko or other users) would be affected
<bstansberry> opalka: I think my comment wasn't clear enough, since I
said "(and all similar ones)"
<bstansberry> that was vague
<bstansberry> my only objection is "handler-class" becomes "class"
<opalka> bstansberry, as I said. It didn't work in AS7 CR1 :(
<bstansberry> I'll gladly merge it if you send an email to me, Heiko
Braun, Heiko Rupp and Alexey Loubyansky asking if that rename will break
them
<bstansberry> and they reply saying no
<opalka> bstansberry, it was not possible to read this model there,
because it was not created.
<opalka> bstansberry, very good.
<opalka> bstansberry, going to send it

Rio