[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration of expression and system-properties (ejb3 subsystem)

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 10:02:12 EDT 2012

There are 2 issues here:

1) The expression value validation isn't allowing empty values. So
internally it results in:

org.jboss.as.controller.OperationFailedException [ "JBAS014704: '' is an
invalid value for parameter default-distinct-name. Values must have a
minimum length of 1 characters" ]

2) This real exception isn't reported during server startup and I don't
know the reason why.

Please create separate JIRAs for this. I believe a fix for #1 would
involve overriding the String type attribute validator with an custom
validator which allows empty strings (since for default-distinct-name a
empty string is a valid value).

-Jaikiran