[jboss-as7-dev] min-occurs / max-occurs contraints

Emanuel Muckenhuber emuckenh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 05:40:29 EDT 2012

On 07/12/2012 11:16 PM, Tomaz Cerar wrote:
> Question is do we even want to support this as currently there is no support for validating and enforcing this constraints.
> only thing we have is that some manually written model defines it.
> If we add support for this on RD and IMRR we should probably add support for enforcing / validating it.
>
> Also we have figured out that when we converted subsystem we have lost this information. Would it make sense to re-add it?

IMO we should add the min/max-occurs descriptions back. Even if it might
be too late to add proper validators, it still would fail during runtime
or result in some unexpected behavior. Perhaps mgmt clients can use it
as well and it end i see it as documentation of the intended purpose.

I haven't looked at the implementation in detail, but perhaps we can
even have some sensible defaults - that a wildcard address would default
to 0...n, otherwise to 0...1? This should be true for most of the cases
and we only need to change the ones where this does not apply.

Emanuel