[jboss-as7-dev] PicketLink Console and AS7 Console

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 12:33:09 EST 2012

Heiko,
   wanted your opinion on this.

Pedro Silva is working on a PicketLink Console using GWT and uses
Ballroom (https://community.jboss.org/wiki/BallroomLookFeel).  Since PL
jars are shipped as part of JBoss AS7.1.x, users will definitely like a
console to configure PL SSO etc.

So we are debating around:  a) developing a standalone PL console or b)
try to have it as an *extension* of the AS admin console to give a
consistent user experience.

If we develop a standalone PL console, it will come packaged in a AS7
instance.

Any guidance for console writers who are integrating with AS7.

Regards,
Anil