[jboss-as7-dev] PicketLink Console and AS7 Console

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 03:59:04 EST 2012

What Rob describe is what we encourage everyone todo: build on the extension mechanism. This has several benefits:

- no duplicate web interfaces on AS7: which means everything will be accessed from the same place
- retain the ability to build standalone interfaces: if needed you could still compile a stripped down console, customized for your project
- leverage all the goodies we already have: layout, look&feel, error handling, authentication, logging, etc: you certainly don't want to duplicate this part.
- consistent user experience: executing management in one place only and the way you are used to it.

We don't yet have the extension mechanism merged with the core codebase, but this should not prevent you from getting started.
Follow the outline Rib has send around and we'll gladly assist you in building the picketlink extensions.

/Heiko