[jboss-as7-dev] What to do about jboss-common-core?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 09:58:30 EST 2012

Absolutely this stuff can't go into the controller module. That's
completely out of the question. Nothing should go in controller that
isn't related to core management. A subsystem is not core management. If
something is only needed for a subsystem, it doesn't go into controller.

I don't want it in server either, although that module is a closer fit
since it has a bunch of stuff that subsystems need (e.g. the deployment
processing infrastructure.) Ideally we'd have split that "needed by
subsystems stuff" out from "needed to run a core server" stuff before
7.0.0, but we didn't have time. I see the split as an AS 8 thing. But I
don't want to make the server module a complete dumping ground.