[jboss-as7-dev] Console 1.1.0 Update

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:57:51 EDT 2012

Personally I would prefer a slim AS and only English. For better or worse,
English is the defacto language of the Internet, Computer Science etc. The
console is an expert tool and I would be surprised to find a person that
would both a) know what to do with the console and b) not understand the
English used.

Of course there might be political reasons for multi-language support etc,
just my 2c...

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Heiko Braun <hbraun at redhat.com> wrote:

> guess that one is for the nerds list, right?
>

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Carlo de Wolf wrote:
>
> > Or we could make the notion of a package manager a first class citizen
> > in AS 7 and let it handle different downloadable setups.
> >
> > For example the one Jaikiran wrote some time back:
> > https://github.com/wolfc/jboss-package-manager
> > (Given that rpms are not everywhere ;-) )
> >
> > Carlo
> >
> > On 03/30/2012 11:28 AM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> >> Is there no alternative for us to do some form of just in time
> >> processing for the languages as the resources are served?  We have
> >> complete control of the HTTP server if we needed to insert something
> >> additional there.
> >>
> >> Alternatively I do see now why many companies offer different localized
> >> downloads now - as an alternative could we provide alternative downloads
> >> to add support for different languages to your AS installation.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Darran Lofthouse.

---
Nik