[jboss-as7-dev] cli commands for your subsystem

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Thu May 3 09:40:03 EDT 2012

This is meant for the subsystem owners and developers.

For now (I think) most of the subsystem management stuff is done using
operations. Which sometimes might work well enough. But in some cases it
might be complicated, verbose, not so user-friendly, etc.

So, if you have some management tasks (that consist of one or more
operations) that you'd like to make look easier and simpler for your
users, let's consider adding commands for those.
But those have to be, to a certain degree, basic things. There are
always batches and scripts for more complex tasks.
The commands will be based on the operations exposed by your subsystem.
So, there won't magic beyond that.

I might not write every command for your subsystem, but I'll certainly
help and guide. So, if you have ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
Alexey