[jboss-as7-dev] cli terminal changes

"Ståle W. Pedersen" spederse at redhat.com
Mon May 7 09:57:24 EDT 2012

hi, to give you the history behind jreadline it started because i wanted
vi-mode in jboss-cli. i started hacking on jline and asked the people
behind it if they would be interested in the new features i wrote. the
response was that they had stopped development of jline and would rather
see me provide that for jline2.
i started with jline2, but it took 2+ months for pull requests to be
accepted and one night i thought i could make something better myself.
so i did.

to answer your question, jline2 do have issues with multiple line
breaking, etc. i know forge is using it, but they have heavily modified
it and has basically forked it into forge-core afaik.
mike brock rewrote the input functionality for forge-jline2 which
jreadline is also using.
its been a while since i talked to lincoln regarding using jreadline,
but we'll probably pick that up later if he thinks its useful.

ståle