[jboss-as7-dev] Console Repository Changes

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed May 9 06:09:06 EDT 2012

Beginning this week, we start using a slightly different commit policy on the console repository. Instead of boring you with the technical details why it's necessary, let me put it this way:

"My limited gitjitsu skills broke the parent child relationship of the repositories and branches."

Official Repository

The authoritative repository from now is the one that resides with the JBossAS project on github:
https://github.com/jbossas/console

Contributions

All contributors would need to fork from that repository and send pull request against the development branch.

What does that mean?

You'd probably have to nuke your exiting fork on github and start over.
(All pending changes should have been submitted already)

Moving forward we maintain two main branches: "master" and "develop".

- "master" is what's currently used by the JBossAS (most recent release).
- "develop" is work in progress.

With this in mind, make sure you work on the "develop" branch. Create feature branches from it and rebase against "jbossas/console#develop" regularly. When done, send me the pull request.

With every release, we merge the "develop" branch with "master" and move on.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the mess. But things are getting better this way, promise.

Regards, Heiko