[jboss-as7-dev] mvn AS7 plugin - use of ..deploy goals with different standalone servers

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon May 21 12:47:54 EDT 2012

One thing I've noticed with the maven deploy plugin is that the artifact
remains deployed even after you restart the application server.  I can
see this causing problems and unforseen behavior.

For instance, I had a problem of not being able to figure out how to
delete the deployment manually and had to reinstall JBoss.

On 5/21/12 11:14 AM, James Perkins wrote:
> There are options to override the hostname and port from the command line.
>
> mvn jboss-as:deploy -Ddeploy.hostname=localhost -Ddeploy.port=9999
>
> Domain mode is possible from the plugin with 7.1.1.Final too.
>
> On 05/21/2012 06:08 AM, Wolf-Dieter Fink wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a possibility to test a clustered environment and to use
>> the
>> mvn jboss-as:deploy
>> command with different servers from the commandline by giving host:port
>> as parameter to avoid hard-coded properties within the pom.xml.
>>
>> Or is it only possible by setting up a domain?
>>
>> Wolf

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com