[jboss-as7-dev] mvn AS7 plugin - use of ..deploy goals with different standalone servers

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Mon May 21 13:59:03 EDT 2012

I guess I don't see why you would want it undeployed after the server
restarts. You can just do a mvn jboss-as:undeploy to undeploy it.

We are also working on getting a jboss-as:run goal working. I have it
working locally, just haven't had time to clean it up and push it
upstream yet.

On 05/21/2012 09:47 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
> One thing I've noticed with the maven deploy plugin is that the artifact
> remains deployed even after you restart the application server.  I can
> see this causing problems and unforseen behavior.
>
> For instance, I had a problem of not being able to figure out how to
> delete the deployment manually and had to reinstall JBoss.
>
> On 5/21/12 11:14 AM, James Perkins wrote:
>> There are options to override the hostname and port from the command line.
>>
>> mvn jboss-as:deploy -Ddeploy.hostname=localhost -Ddeploy.port=9999
>>
>> Domain mode is possible from the plugin with 7.1.1.Final too.
>>
>> On 05/21/2012 06:08 AM, Wolf-Dieter Fink wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a possibility to test a clustered environment and to use
>>> the
>>> mvn jboss-as:deploy
>>> command with different servers from the commandline by giving host:port
>>> as parameter to avoid hard-coded properties within the pom.xml.
>>>
>>> Or is it only possible by setting up a domain?
>>>
>>> Wolf

James R. Perkins