[jboss-as7-dev] ipv6 "usability" question

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri May 25 06:30:44 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

Trying to be sure our tools actually can connect/work with ipv6 enabled servers we're are hitting a bit of a snag.

Is it expected that clients unescapes/escapes ipv6 addresses or is :::1 and [:::1] considered equivalent ?

i.e. do code need to add []'s when constructing urls, and remove []'s when passing it to things that just need an address ?

Just wondering if we could tells users to put [::1] into hostname fields if they want to use ipv6 - then we don't need to add all this escaping/unescaping
for ipv6 in the UI layer of tools.

/max