[jboss-as7-dev] Guidelines for managing management API versions of subsystems

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 10:15:51 EDT 2012

Was just looking at some of the PRs and noticed that after a recent
change to Jacorb subsystem [1] we decided to bump the micro version of
that subsystem's management API [2]. What are the general guidelines
when it comes to bumping the management version of a subsystem? As far
as xsd changes are concerned, for EJB3, I've been making sure that the
version is bumped whenever there's a semantic change from a previous
released version. But I haven't so far touched the management version of
the EJB3 subsystem - in fact I had almost forgotten we had that. As a
specific example, I introduced a "default-security-domain" management
attribute for the EJB3 subsystem recently. Does this warrant a
management version bump?

[1] https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/3175/files
[2] https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/3197/files

-Jaikiran