[jboss-as7-dev] FYI, a new version of Javassist will soon be available which will have a fix for JASSIST-163 (impacts Weld, jbossws-native-core, scannotation, slf4j, Hibernate)...

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 10:42:45 EDT 2012

Hi Scott,

   I just succesfully tested JBossWS Native against Javassist 3.17.0-GA

---
[supervoid][/home/ropalka/THIRDPARTY/javassist/trunk]>svn info
Repository Root: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/javassist
Repository UUID: 30ef5769-5b8d-40dd-aea6-55b5d6557bb3
Revision: 676
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: chiba
Last Changed Rev: 676
Last Changed Date: 2012-10-25 18:38:40 +0200 (Thu, 25 Oct 2012)
---

and didn't notice any regression. Thus from JBossWS PoV the upgrade is
fine :)

Rio

On 10/26/2012 04:51 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> After 3.1.17 of Javassist is released and testing looks good, we can
> look at AS7-5127 which is about upgrading javassist in as7 to improve
> performance (as long as the new javassist doesn't break anything).
> Obviously, if Javassist 3.1.17 breaks something, we will not be able to
> upgrade.
>
> I took a look at which AS7 modules (statically) depend on javassist and
> the list is:
>
> 1. Weld
>
> 2. jbossws-native-core
>
> 3. scannotation
>
> 4. slf4j
>
> 5. Hibernate
>
> I'm testing Hibernate with the new javassist but don't know how to test
> (1), (2), (3), (4) above.  Is there anything else that we need to try
> besides the AS7 testsuite to gain confidence that we can upgrade to
> javassist 3.1.17 (after its released soon)?
>
> I built trunk of javassist locally and caught one minor failure with the
> Hibernate test suite (see yesterdays comments in JASSIST-163).  I'm
> built AS7 with the updated hibernate/javassist jars and passed the AS7
> testsuite.
>
> If anyone wants to do additional testing with the javassist trunk, let
> me know and I'll ask for more time to do testing before 3.1.17 is
> released.  Or others could also coordinate through JASSIST-163.
>
> Scott

Richard Opalka
Principal Software Engineer
JBoss, by Red Hat