[jboss-as7-dev] HASingleton deployment

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 20:27:25 EDT 2012

Moving a discussion to the dev list.

Paul, using parallel operations instead of storing metadata with the
deployment resource itself has a couple drawbacks:

1) On restart of the server the special handling information implicit in
the parallel deployment ops is lost and the deployment becomes a
non-singleton.

2) In a managed domain, the "special" operation can propagate to the
relevant servers in the domain at the time it is invoked, but subsequent
to that if another server is added to a server group that runs this
deployment, again the special handling information is lost.

The stuff Thomas is working on that I mentioned is at
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/2790.