[jboss-as7-dev] Coping with cyclic test dependencies

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 04:55:52 EDT 2012

Brian,

I don't think forwards compatibility can be guaranteed. We've had a few problems in the past where the the jboss-as-arquillian-container-managed dependency was set to a different version of AS7 to that which we were testing against.

Here's a specific example: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBTM-1243 and https://github.com/jbosstm/quickstart/pull/18/files for the fix. In this example we were using the jboss-javaee-6.0-with-tools bom to get the jboss-as-arquillian-container-managed dependency version. This bom set the version to 7.1.1.Final, which failed to work with 7.2.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT. So, in this case we would need to match up the releases.

I don't recall the specifics of other occasions, but it's certainly happened to us a few times.

Paul.