[jboss-as7-dev] Add support for a modular AS7 build

Benjamin Browning bbrowning at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 09:13:33 EDT 2012

Hey, this may come in very handy for the TorqueBox Lite project. TorqueBox Lite is a stripped down version of TorqueBox that's designed to be a very simple and performant Ruby web server, distributed solely as a RubyGem. Right now I have it down to 40MB but am sure there are still some modules included I don't really need.

Currently it's built by taking the TorqueBox distribution (which is the AS7 distribution + some additional modules and other bits) and removing subsystems, extensions, and modules. A modular build may instead allow me to build this the proper way by only including the subsystems I want and not have to figure out which modules on the filesystem can be removed via trial and error.

Ben