[jboss-as7-dev] How to access a AS7 service from a deployed archive?

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 11:44:04 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm working on making the HornetQ RA deployable in AS7 standalone (ie without a running HornetQ server) to be able to consume
messages from a remote JMS server[1].

The HornetQ RA requires access to the app server transaction manager to be fully functional[2].

I deploy the RA in standalone/deployments/ directory, the RA is started and it calls a class in the AS7 module
org.jboss.as.messaging which is in charge to locate the TM[3].

However this class code has a reference on the service container to be able to get the TxnService.
This was working when the RA is instantiated by the messaging subsystem. But when the RA is deployed, the container reference is
null.

My question is: in my case (a deployed archive that calls a AS7 module), is there a way to get a reference to the
ServiceContainer deploying the archive? Does it even make sense to do that this way?
Once I got it, I should be able to get the transaction manager service.

thanks,
jeff

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5483
[2] https://community.jboss.org/message/760644