[jboss-as7-dev] jax-rs deployments have incomplete module imports

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 12:26:49 EDT 2012

On 9/12/2012 7:14 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone

>>> The user should be able to exclude the Apache HC 4.1 (and any Resteasy
>>> modules that depend on it) in jboss-deployment-structure.xml and then
>>> bundle 4.2 and any other Resteasy modules directly in their application.
>>> This way they do not have to actually modify the app server.
>>>

>> Jason also said "I just realized they could class filter the import though which would solve it. They can also take advantage of ordering."  Is that as good of a solution?  Then we have both a mechanism to define JAX-RS imports for the entire app server (instead of it being hardcoded) and a way to override a specific thing.
>>

> That will work, it is just slightly more fiddely as class level filtering works on package names.

I've been thinking about this....  IMO, JBoss Modules should allow you
to exclude an "uber" aggregation module's exported dependency.  From
both a framework developer and application developer perspective, it is
much easier to declaratively specify an "uber" module through XML rather
than have it be hardcoded and unable to change.  Its really hard to
patch as well as provide an easy way for app developers to get the full
suite of Resteasy modules.  At the same time, app developers should be
able to exclude any exported dependency they want.

dependencies from jboss-deployment-structure.xml

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat