[jboss-as7-dev] Module for EL

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 9 09:29:49 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm currently working on updating the AS module for Hibernate Validator to
the latest release (HV 5.x, Bean Validation 1.1, see [1]).

As of this release, Hibernate Validator has a new dependency to the Unified
EL. So I have added this to the HV module descriptor:

    <module name="javax.el.api"/>

Based on test failures I'm seeing ("javax.el.ELException: Provider
org.apache.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl not found"), I think I need to add a
dependency for the actual EL implementation as well. I don't know though
which module that would be.

Does anyone know which is the right one or has an example of other modules
depending on EL?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-6665