[jboss-as7-dev] How to verify a patches for non-public AS

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Wed Apr 17 10:44:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

> The fix should be fixed in the upstream AS7 project at the same time or
> earlier, so the reporter can verify there. Granted, there can be
> relevant differences between upstream and EAP. For the reporter to
> verify against EAP itself they'll need to wait for the EAP beta or
> whatever that contains the fix.
If that's true (All fixes from Red Hat Customer Support on the internal
EAP three shoud be applied to the public AS trunk also) it's great news
for the community. But is it true? Is that a commitment from Red Hat, or
is that an optional, internal policy that some developers may choose to
ignore?

As a software developer myself, I can see how this is hard to follow, as
each issue may generate differente fixes for different source trees (as
and eap) and each one would have to be tested alone. I'd guess most
fixes are done and tested only on the eap tree and the as tree never
sees them. :-(

Of course a new AS release cycle would start from the latest EAP tree,
but then, is anyone from Red Hat actually migrating / adapting fixes
from the current production EAP to the AS source tree? If they are
really doing this, are the fixes goin to the same AS branch as the
inicial EAP release, or are they going to the AS trunk, and so the AS7
tree never sees fixes from EAP6, as they would be going to the AS8 tree?

[]s, Fernando Lozano