[jboss-as7-dev] Java EE APIs for EE 7

Shelly McGowan smcgowan at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:27:44 EST 2013

About the Java EE API specs project . . .

I've updated the Java EE API specs project with a README which discusses the project goals:
https://github.com/jboss/jboss-javaee-specs/blob/master/README.md

The repos for the EE APIs are all available under https://github.com/jboss.  For the newer APIs required as part of the EE 7 platform,
we'll (me) need to create a new repository.  I'll be filing JBEE JIRAs to track the creation and population of those projects.

The repository for each API set is reused for updates to the Specification version that is implemented.

I've updated the Java EE API specs project with a README which discusses the project goals:
https://github.com/jboss/jboss-javaee-specs/blob/master/README.md

Once you update the repository with a later spec version, be sure to change the artifactId to reflect that.

For example, the recent commit for Java Annotation APIs to Spec version 1.2, the pom was adjusted from:

  <groupId>org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation</groupId>
   <artifactId>jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.2.Final</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <groupId>org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation</groupId>
  <artifactId>jboss-annotations-api_1.2_spec</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0.Final-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

where the version is an arbitrary release version.  Reset to 1.0.0 as this is the first release of the APIs for v1.2 of the technology specification.

If we need to bug fix something for jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec APIs, we'll branch off the latest Final tag.

When we have a full set of EE 7 APIs, I'll release a jboss-javaee-7.0 BOM to include the full set as a single dependency for your application development.

If you have any questions about the project, don't hesitate to contact me.  Also, file a JBEE JIRA[1] if there are issues.

Shelly

[1]https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEE