[jboss-as7-dev] cant get rid of jetty maven plugin - so lets mavenize JBoss Modules

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:13:38 EST 2013

I think we should go more in lines of what Ceylon guys are doing with jboss
modules.

they have created ceylon module repository (herd)
http://modules.ceylon-lang.org/
that hosts jboss modules zipped with .car extension.

ceylon can than load this modules for compile & runtime when needed.
That is much more than what we need but it would still be nice to explore.

Easy thing to do would be to upload our modules to maven repo under
different type, (i.e. module)
this way we could reuse maven repositories as we know them.
But to make this work we would need to write maven plugin that will know
what to do with module once it was downloaded.

--
tomaz