[jboss-as7-dev] Attribute meta-data: max-length

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 07:22:28 EST 2013

The question is: What are "layout" hints? If layout hints are anything UI specific, they don't belong into the core model. The core model should remain client agnostic. It doesn't make sense to add UI specific elements that don't have a meaning in other contexts (i.e. CLI). With regard to this, I would prefer model elements that work across contexts, yet allow us to cover the use cases of most clients that work on the model. ModelType.TEXT and other suggestions (ModelType.DATE) fall into this category.