[jboss-as7-dev] AS7-2267 - Console Logging DMR Commands

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 00:08:44 EST 2013

On 1/29/13 10:38 PM, Jesse Sightler wrote:

> Right now it looks like the biggest challenge may be that the CLI seems
> to be more strict than DMR. For example, the operation to add a
> system-property in standalone mode rejects "add" operations that contain
> the "boot-time" parameter. But this is only the case from the CLI, as
> the management console sends them as DMR with no issues.
>
> I haven't yet figured out an approach for dealing with that yet, but it
> may be that each operation has to be aware of these discrepancies in the
> management console.

That is tricky. Basically the server intentionally doesn't reject
unknown parameters, it just ignores them. It seems the console is taking
advantage of that a bit. The CLI is conscious that thumb-fingered humans
are often directly typing the commands, so it is closely validating the
user input against the detailed API specs the server provides.