[jboss-as7-dev] Security manager test runs

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 10:50:02 EST 2013

On 2/28/13 10:33 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:
> Perhaps the pull request job should be set up to use the security manager, and the master-ignore job to not use a security manager

Sounds good. Everything goes through param-pull, so make it the most
stringent.

My assumption is it would be a rare thing to introduce a bug that passes
with a security manager but fails without.

> (or the other way round).

Less good. I occasionally skip master-ignore and just merge something
once it's passed param-pull, if I know the param-pull test ran against
latest master. I roll the dice that the teamcity Windows tests of
master-ignore wouldn't have found a problem. :) But I wouldn't want to
roll the dice on both security manager and Windows.

> That way pretty much everything should be tested both ways before merged upstream.
>
> Then the question is what to do with the master job which runs every time something is merged into master. Perhaps we need another job, running once a day, which runs with the opposite security manager config from the master job?

+1. I'd say the regular master job runs with the security manager.
Again, make the more common test the more stringent one.