[jboss-as7-dev] modules backed by a repo part 2

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 16:32:34 EST 2013

On 3/1/13 3:20 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> 1) Anybody know why jboss-seam-int-jbossas is copied directly into a
> bundle/ directory of its module?  And doesn't use <module-def> in the
> build script?

I have no idea what this is about, but here's the code that uses it:

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/server/deployment/integration/Seam2Processor.java#L103

> 2) After you'd convert all modules to reference a maven artifact,
> there's still the bundles and client jars left.  28.7M.  OSGi isn't
> enabled by default right?

It's not in the standalone.xml profile. It's only in standalone-osgi.xml.

> So these bundles aren't needed unless you're
> doing OSGi?

Correct.

> 3) How could our OSGi bundles be supported in this maven repo model?  Is
> it JBoss OSGi that locates and loads the bundles?

It's in the osgi integation in the AS:

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/osgi/service/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/osgi/service/ModuleIdentityRepository.java