[jboss-as7-dev] Subsystem model version for AS8

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 10:02:36 EST 2013

It's not that there's a problem - it's just that we can't maintain backwards compatibility indefinitely, since the work required to do so grows exponentially (for rapidly evolving subsystems).  A major version bump seems like a natural breaking point - otherwise, what is the significance of incrementing to 2.0?
TBH - I mostly ask because I'm lazy and don't want to write transformers if I don't have to...

Paul