[jboss-as7-dev] hold off ADDing AS7 children resources to another resource until a runtime state is reached for this resource?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 11:03:34 EDT 2013

On 3/14/13 9:55 AM, Jeff Mesnil wrote:

> Le 13 mars 2013 à 18:43, Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com> a écrit :
>
>> The management resources do exist though. They represent configuration,
>> which exists and needs to be manageable.
>>
>> Is the problem with the various runtime-only attributes and operations
>> that are exposed by the resources? There's no mechanism to hide those in
>> the API or flag that they are unavailable if some condition doesn't hold
>> (e.g.  some new attribute 'active' == true)?
>
> yes, that's simpler this way: for each runtime attr and operations, I check whether the underlying hornetq server is active.
> if that's not the case, I ignore the read-attribute (returning undefined) and fail the operations.

For AS 9 we need to figure out how to represent this in the metadata,
particularly for the operations.

One thing we've done is registering overrides in the
ManagementResourceRegistration. So, the registration for hornetqserver=*
includes no runtime stuff and then when a specific resource becomes
live, an override registration for hornetqserver=specific_name is done
that exposes all the runtime stuff.

It's pretty nasty though. I don't think we should try and apply that
technique to this case.