[jboss-as7-dev] why is jboss-logging a bundle anyway

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 11:18:20 EDT 2013

While it's commonly confused, jboss-logging is different than
jboss-logmanager. JBoss Logging is just a logging facade akin to slf4j.
JBoss Log Manager is an extension of JUL.

I don't know much about the OSGi lifecycle so I can't speak much to
that. That said I don't know of a reason it can't be a bundle.

On 03/19/2013 07:49 AM, Thomas Diesler wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> why is jboss-logging a bundle anyway?
>
> I thought due to its tight integration with the JDK logging system it needs to be on the boot class path.
> How is the jboss-logging bundle lifecycle install/start/stop/update/uninstall supposed to work?
>
> Would it not be better to ship it as a library if it can't work properly as bundle, or can it?
>
> cheers
> --thomas
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thomas Diesler