[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment restarts

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:56:20 EDT 2013

Thomas Diesler wrote:

>>> Options #2
>>>
>>> Undeployment of a deployment that others dependent on does not effect
>>> existing wiring. Dependent deployments continue to work and reference
>>> a stale deployment with associated module/classloader. Only if there
>>> are no users/wires to the undeployed - it can be removed completely.
>>> User interaction is needed to cause a rewiring.
>>>

>> I think this is very problematic, as dependencies are not just class
>> EntityManagers etc.
>
> Yes, OSGi uninstall is more like an intension to undeploy. We would need
> to look at whether this approach can be adopted for all deployment types
> or whether we need a differentiator that deployments can use if
> intension to undeploy is the the desired behaviour.

For non-OSGi dependencies undeploy is the correct behavior. It is the
only way to get anything close to consistent behavior.

For now I will re-work my patch so that the deployment only restarts if
the re-deployment is a result of an inter-deployment dependency, rather
than an OSGi deferred resolve.

Stuart