[jboss-as7-dev] HTTP Upgrade for AS8 Management

Rémy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 10:26:52 EDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 03:02 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> Right I took pure HTTP client library as == ejb client over http talking
> to a servlet that does EJB invocation (the pending EAP 6.x change). I don't
> see any reason at all to have such a thing now that we support http upgrade
> to remoting.
I understand there is a new component that people feel they have to use,
or something like it. But this is actually simply replacing standards by
proprietary APIs. Although I understand why this is tempting (faster in
the short term ?), a Servlet 3.1 has the same HTTP upgrade capabilities
and async IO as the proprietary component, and is functionally identical.

Normally, the evolution is the opposite: a proprietary API exists
initially, and some people may use it (but most wait) because there's no
standardized one yet. Ex: the async IO and upgrade capabilities of web
as available in EAP 6.1, which mimic Servlet 3.1.

Rémy