[jboss-cluster-dev] Target JGroups release for AS 5 GA

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 10:45:23 EDT 2008

Bela Ban wrote:
> No. Brian and I discussed this the other day, it is too late. JGroups
> development currently focuses on getting TestNG running. After that
> we'll work full speed on 2.6.3, but not in time for GA of the community
> release. 2.6.3 will however likely be part of the EAP 5 release.
>
> If you're concerned about the thread naming
> (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JGRP-728 and
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JGRP-644), this will be part of 2.6.3.
> JGRP-728 has already been fixed.

Yeah, my question was around that. As long as 2.6.3 makes to EAP, I'm
happy with it. I've just checked out the 2.6.x branch and hope to run
some quick ViewDemo tests to make sure we've got it right.

I had just been reading the clustering forum entries on the shared
transport vs multiplexer and it mentioned some other changes being
brought with 2.6.3, so thought it'd be good to ask in the new dev list :)

--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer