[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Stress/Load Testing plan/suggestions

rutfield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 07:39:59 EDT 2006

In addition to stress and load, I would like to see volume testing included.

In other words, does performance degrade as the size of the database increases. I do understand results will vary widely with each application/portlet; however, it would be nice to know that the core JBP does not degrade going from 100 to 1000 to 10000 concurrent users doing what you mentioned.
The same could be said for content in the CMS and the number of items.

It would also be nice to have the results published and include the configuration. Is the system on a single box? If so, what OS, CPU, memory, etc.? As issues are found (locking, too many SQL connections, etc.), it would be nice to have a document as to what steps were taken to address each bottleneck. J2EE seems to have so many components and variables that it is difficult to know what to change when a limit is hit.

Are you going to also monitor the JMS queue and measure performance? I have seen instances where the queue grows as the number increases and performance degrades. In one case, we replaced the JVM and our issue went away.

Good stuff. Looking forward to it.
CR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963145#3963145

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963145