[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss internal QA (Test Suite)] - Re: Issue of temporary message destinations for HEAD testsui

jaroslaw.kijanowski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 15:23:31 EDT 2006

"But the issue that is uncertain is will be the running jboss instance be the "all" config instance. We cannot make that assumption. "

That's the reason why every test should provide its own resources, like severel tests already do. They deploy jar files which describe, which queues and topics are needed during the test. But Anil, you said, that this would cost a lot of time to rewrite the rest of the tests to do so.

On the other hand, we can say, that the most tests needs the "all" config (which would bound all needed queues/topics at the startup) and revert these few tests, so they will not deploy the needed resources. I can try to do this.

So my question is, what is the strategy for the testsuite? Reverting some tests and say, that most tests require the "all" instance OR changing the conception of the most tests, so that every test has to provide its own resources, that means deploying them on the start of the test and undeploying them on the end. But wouldn't this increase the time of running the testsuite, when every test will deploy its own resources?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963303#3963303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963303