[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: process deployment from WAR file

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 03:27:33 EDT 2006

i'll rephrase to see if i get you correctly:

You want to make a process archive a part of the deployment structure (=available to the classloader or in a deployment directory).  Then, you want to discover all the deployed process archives on the deployment directory and deploy them to the jbpm db.  The hashing of process archives is the solution you propose for making the distinction between processes that are already deployed and processes that need to be (re)deployed.  This to overcome the difference in lifecycle of a deployed process versus the java/webapp deployment lifecycle.

right ?

in the recent drools discussions, i realized that there are many ways to go from sources to deployments and developers are used to the different java deployment strategies.  In more general terms: I'm still looking at how we can create a unified deployment model that would provide a similar picture to java, servlet, process, rules and other deployments.

It seems that we're now trying to embed our deployment model in the known existing deployment models, rather then to try and unify all of them.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964896#3964896

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964896