[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: Ordering of .ear subdeployments

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 10:34:11 EDT 2006

Please don't interpret the following as a vote (at least not in the Apache sense of "intent to veto").  My -1 before was for changing the test w/o hashing through the issues; you've now hashed through the issues :)

I do think having apps that work in 4.0.4 no longer work in 4.0.5 is not too good, particularly since we've been teaching the implicit ordering rules in training classes for a long time.

I don't have anywhere near the same level of concern about an app working in 4.0.4 not working without tweaking in 5.0.0, so one option is to change the default to strict for 5.0.0 and leave it at implicit for 4.x.

If you guys go with strict for 4.0.5, I certainly don't mind having the testbeancluster.jar changed to conform.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967491#3967491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967491