[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Registry Design

tfennelly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 05:03:33 EDT 2006

"mugdho" wrote : About the piece of code which you provided below, I was wondering if we could have something like a name space lookup for getting the Services. Wouldn't that be better on the user side, since he will be aware of which service he is interested in.

Sure, the actual lookup of the Service EPR would prob best be done using something like a Service URN, which the user would get from the relevant "Service" object returned from getServices().

  | public interface RegistryService {
  |       public Service[] getServices();
  |       public EPR getServiceEPR(URN service);
  | }

anonymous wrote : One question at this point. When an user queries on a Registry isn't he essentially interested in one of the EPRs? While thinking of examples on when a user should query the Registry all that came to my mind are EPRs.

  | But ofcourse I guess there can be scenarios the user just needs information about the Service and is essentially not interested in the EPR right?
  |
  | But if in most of the cases the user is looking for the EPR then Tom, I think Service Objects may need to have the EPRs in them.

Yeah, not sure about this one myself.  I was thinking that perhaps the EPRs might not be cached by the user in the same way as perhaps the Service list would be.  In theory, the EPR can change and so should be looked up on a regular basis.

I was thinking that perhaps the Service objects might just contain info such as the Classifications, Concepts, URN etc; Info that the user could use to decide whether or not the Service is the "right one" to service its needs.  Once it locates the Service that fits the bill, it performs a lookup of the Service EPR (using getServiceEPR()) to perform contract invocations.

anonymous wrote : Further to that perhaps we can think of querying on the RegistryObjects using the Classification / Concept. But yeah wouldn't the RegsitryObject need to have such a criteria already present if we were to query on it?
Sure, we could!  I was just thinking that it'd be easier to implement the "bulk" getServices option and leave it to the user to filter through the Service list.  Perhaps we could implement the more advanced query functionality in a later release??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967770#3967770

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967770