[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Security on JBoss] - Re: SecurityContext

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 19:28:53 EDT 2006

The SecurityContext has to have the authenticated identity(s) as it needs to be a superset of the existing SecurityAssociation context of principal, credential and Subject. I'm thinking of something more like:

  | class SubjectInfo
  | {
  |    Principal authenticationPrincipal;
  |    Object authenticationCredential;
  |    Subject subject;
  | }
  | class abstract SecurityContext
  | {
  |    /** Key into the data map for the java.security.acl.Group representing the user roles
  |    Group roles = (Group) sc.getData().get(ROLES);
  |    */
  |    public final String ROLES = "ROLES";
  |
  |    SubjectInfo getSubjectInfo();
  |    HashMap<String, Object> getData();
  |    public AuthorizationManager getAuthorizationManager();
  | }

We also need an extension of the AuthenticationManager to deal with the mapping of identity and trust.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967970#3967970

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967970