[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss internal QA (Test Suite)] - Re: Code Coverage in JBoss AS Test Suite

smcgowan@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 13:45:31 EST 2006

The lastest version of EMMA - 2.1.5320  - introduces a new command line tool called ctl which allows coverage data to be captured remotely and prior to JVM exit.   This works well in J2EE environments and is intended for such.  Instrumentation still needs to be done prior to running tests (referred to as off-line mode) using EMMAs tool - instr. See:
http://emma.sourceforge.net/faq.html#q.runtime.appservers
which documents the few easy steps.  I recently used EMMA to capture coverage data in J2EE environment but found it to be more useful when obtaining coverage metrics against a standalone component (.jar) to enhance the coverage as I developed tests.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995410#3995410

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995410