[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Use of Throwable in method signatures

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 13:10:17 EDT 2006

The Throwable just results in is a boilerplate code block like the following that does not actually require handling of the runtime errors:

  |       try
  |       {
  |          kernelDeployer = new BasicXMLDeployer(context.getKernel());
  |       }
  |       catch(Error e)
  |       {
  |          throw e;
  |       }
  |       catch(Exception e)
  |       {
  |          throw e;
  |       }
  |       catch(Throwable e)
  |       {
  |         // Should not happen
  |          throw new Exception("Failed to create BasicXMLDeployer", e);
  |       }

This still does not really solve the problem you are after as I have ignored the runtime exceptions/errors as before. It seems what we really need is a KernelAction wrapper similar to a PriviledgedAction that integrates with the caller's kernel state to ensure exceptions are properly reflected in the state machine. I don't see how to force use of this though.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957429#3957429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957429